The 1000-region flight

The previous week I had a chat with Fatih Incognito and a few others in the Shergood Aviation group. While a lot of people may think Second Life is pretty large, you actually run into the world's edges pretty quickly. So there is no way to fly very far without turning back. And If you want to go beyond 600 regions or so you may be turning a lot really.

The 1000-region flight
 

I mentioned I had not found a log of anyone flying a credible 1000+ regions in one flight. I mean: I had done 1108 once when circling a corner in my DG-1000 Glider but that doesn't feel genuine.

So today, with Canary-colleague Jessica waiting for new computer parts and no other Canary online, I decided to have a go at it.

The previous week Fatih Incognito had gotten to 674 region crossings and I to 552, my third longest distance ever. This Saturday 25 November I set out at 9AM my local time, with the Adventure Air DHC-6 Twin Otter and a GTFO!-HUD attached to go smuggling.

The 1000-region flight

It took me almost 6 hours, of mainly flying the 50 regions between Aerodrome Amelia Earhart and Cannabis Mountain, to and from.. but I finally succeeded: 1208 region crossings at my last landing and I decided to call it a day...

Won't be sure if anyone else has flown as far, or further, but I can document it. :-)

Maybe one day I will try to fly this really, non-stop, not just staying in the plane, but without intermediate landings. For now my brains are fried though after all that flying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alts/Bots and Blatant resource abuse

Discovering a new world