Discovering a new world

Yesterday I flew my regular Canary scan, to check my 3 sectors in Eastern Nautilus and South Corsica for grid conditions, when I ran into something new: flying into Bijouter Isle, usually the far eastern edge of one part of my route I noticed there were 2 more regions attached. So I steered my S61R Pelican into them to have a look.

I quickly realised that this wasn't just a two-island expansion to Tuarua Fiji, but a completely new world. When I went into hover above a small island with palmtrees, someone IM'ed me, welcoming me and asking if I was interested in renting part of a region.

This is how I discovered Azure Islands.

Or rather, how I found out that it was moved to a new spot on the grid, connecting to Tuarua Fiji and thereby also to mainland Second Life. Since I visit the surroundings near-daily (restart days excluded) not many may have discovered it yet. So, I sent a notice in SL Aviation. I am pretty sure more people will like to see the expansion to their flying options from the wider Nautilus/Blake Sea area.

 In the above map you can see the new location of Azure Islands on the Second Life Grid, just east of Tuarua Fiji and just north of Second Norway. Imagine if they negotiated a connection between those places, then people might be able to fly and boat around even more...

All of this meant that my regular flight, usually some 290 region crossings, expanded to 380 crossings and quite some extra time. Especially since this explorer also had a RL cat to feed and pet in the meantime and take care of their own caffeine needs.

All in all, it's been a saisfying day. One doesn't discover new worlds all the time.



ss

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alts/Bots and Blatant resource abuse

The 1000-region flight